Saturday, August 14, 2010

Paratrooper

This morning the boys and I had the honor of coming to watch Nick's first jump with his (airborne) unit. He just finished Airborne school last week, so it was a great stroke of providence that he was able to do a jump so soon after the schooling. (He did 5 jumps at school, so this was not his "first" jump, just his first jump with his own unit since graduating with his wings)



I am SO glad that we were able to see Nick in action. It was truly breathtaking to see it all happen. I can't express how proud I am of my husband! He is simply amazing.

The soldiers ready to board the plane and make the first fly over



The plane flew off, turned around, and then came back to make the first pass. It was so amazing and exhilarating (and scary!!) to see the first soldier jump.



The boys were awe struck when the saw the soldiers leap out of the plane. We all started screaming and cheering when we saw the first parachute open. Wow!!




Nick is somewhere in the middle

Nick after a safe jump and landing

Proud family picture with our paratrooper! Yay Nick! We are so proud of you!

7 comments:

Kay said...

we always enjyed watching ben jump as well. the boys would collect souvenirs from Cecily DZ. pray he always catches the sandy spots!!

Jesse Kreun said...

So jealous! I'd like to do that someday!

John Kang said...

The boys looked so awe struck! Susan said "it looks so scary!" haha.

Rachael said...

That is so cool! I bet the boys (and mommy too) were so proud of their daddy! So neat that you all were able to see him jump!

Grandma said...

Way to go Nick! I love the photo of the boys watching in awe, and the great family picture too!

Kathryn said...

It really was amazing, you guys. I feel like my heart stopped for a moment when I saw the first black figure jump out of the plane, and then my heart started going again when the parachute opened. Whew!! So cool! So scary! And I'm glad I'm NOT the one doing it!! :) The boys can talk about nothing else now, and have been practicing jumping off the couch with their own "parachutes." Arg!!

Kay said...

yes, with boys, you will probably see improvised 'sheet' chutes very soon. if you guys go to watch the toy drop this fall, it is amazing to watch!!! the golden knights usually perform and that is a lot of fun to see.... except one guy drops in with a red suit and long beard. my youngest was perplexed over that one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...