Wednesday, August 11, 2010

J.C.

At church on Sunday we met a sweet 7 year old boy.

He said hi and asked the boys what their names were. After Isaiah (3 years) and Joshua (2 years) announced their names, I prompted them to ask the little boy his name too.

Joshua asked, "What's your name?"

The boy replied, "My name is J.C."

Puzzled for only a moment, Joshua replied with a HUGE smile on his face, "OHhhhh!!! I got my sandals from J.C. Penney!!" And then looked up at our new friend with obvious admiration.

I can just imagine his thoughts, "Wow!! He must be the one who made my sandals!!"

4 comments:

Kay said...

you guys will enjoy that church vey much, andy preaches well. you probably won't ever meet us since we buzzed through fort bragg for a short time and hubby is a chaplain, but i do enjoy your stories about the boys! kids say the most amazing things!!

Kathryn said...

Thanks so much for your comment! I love how between Army circles and Reformed circles there are so many connections! It's so neat to have traveled the same places. :)

Rachael said...

Love it! Isaac said last night when we were about to read him a Bible story: "I want to read about the Red Seed" (meant Red Sea) :)

Jack said...

HA! Rather ironic that I always though JC Penney's was named after me...and that my middle name really started with a C, but no one told me...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...