Friday, January 30, 2009

Bathing beauty's



















Bathtime is always so much fun, especially now that Joshua can sit safely on his own in the bath (without mommy having to hold him). Both boys enjoy playing and splashing an incredible amount! It seems they never get tired of pouring water from one cup to another, or pushing Noah's Ark around in the tub. For little ones who are just beginning to explore the world, what an exciting and amazing thing water must be!!
I am frequently telling Isaiah, who is memorizing the Childrens Catechism, that God made ALL THINGS. I like to point out to him, when he is having a blast running around in the yard, or splashing in a bath tub of warm water, that God made these things. God made them all by the word of His power, in the space of six days, and it was all very good. I love to see the looks of joy and excitement on his face when he tells Joshua, "God made dat, Josh." Isaiah is also learning to thank God for all the wonderful things He has made. I will sometimes here Isaiah pause and say "Thank you, God, for my toys." It almost brings tears to my eyes even now, to see and hear his thankful heart. I'm so thankful for their tender hearts and the delight they find in the little things, whether it be a warm bath, a tool bench, or a pretzel.

2 comments:

Jack said...

Well that brought tears to my eyes too. Praise God, sister!

Kathryn said...

Thanks Jack

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...