Saturday, January 24, 2009

Boys being boys








A good friend of mine offered to watch the boys for me so I could get some time to myself. So in my new found freedom, I went thrift store shopping! :) Always the bargain hunter. :) The great thing is, that I went in and out of 5 or 6 shops in the space of 2 hours. I would probably have done one or two stores, before having to call it quits with the boys-- so this was a real treat to be able to run in and hunt for things without two little boys in tow. :)
+
I really lucked out on the bargains, and the boys did too, as you can see. I found a bookshelf for the family room for my piano music and our childrens books. I also found one of those great Lego brand tables, with a lego platform for building on. It has weighted legs so that its hard to tip over. And last but not least, the amazing tool bench pictured above. All for under $50 total!!! It was great! The boys couldn't help but have looks of amazement and excitement on their faces when we carried the new toys into the house. Isaiah was so excited when we filled up his tool bench with the tools he already has, and showed him how to hammer in the bolts. Joshua quickly joined the team, and the two have them have been hard at work ever since.
+
Today, Isaiah has come running up to me multiple times yelling, "I fixed it!" "That was easy!" and other such manly talk when you're completing household projects. :) I tell Isaiah that he is just like Daddy, and a real helper around the house.


1 comment:

Grandma said...

I love seeing Joshua standing up and playing with Isaiah. It won't be long before your little speedball crawler will be running around the house. The boys look like they are loving their new workbench. Bargains are such fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...