Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I’m dreaming of…

The other day the boys asked me what a “white” Christmas was. So I explained it meant SNOW. That everything was covered with beautiful, powdery melt-in-your-mouth, freezing cold, snow.

Even after my explanation they seemed confused.

But then I paused and looked around. We were sitting on our backyard porch in shorts and bare feet. We were eating a picnic lunch and reviewing our science lesson. We were warm and content in 69 degree weather… in the middle of December.

I guess it’s not a wonder that they didn’t understand.

IMG_7706

IMG_7711IMG_7714IMG_7717

What is up with this place called the South? And why don’t we have SNOW??!?!?!

Though I’ve only enjoyed a few truly white Christmases myself, I feel kind of bad for them. Most mornings Joshua peeks out the window and says, “Ahhhh!! No snow. It’s not Christmas.”

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

it looks like its going to be a brown Christmas for us to! Which is rather unusual in Canada. And although I may be a bit envious while looking at pictures of families in short sleeves and eating outside in December, there's the part of me that really loves the snow in the winter. Merry Christmas!

Jessica Kramasz said...

Oh that's so cute!
It looks like we won't have a white Christmas here either, and we are in Minnesota. We've had very little snow so far and what we did get all melted last week.

Merry Christmas!

Kay said...

Ii remember being stationed at Bragg and wanting the weather to be cold enough for hot cocoa! We did actually get a snow the second year there, shut down base and town... and we were the only people out rolling in it... literally!!

I love snow and though my friends in the south would wail at me, I do wish your boys could experience a white Christmas. They are just magical!!!

LaVonne said...

How funny. My own Princess told me Christmas morning that it can't be Christmas because there was not snow. We have been unusually warm here in Washington - 57 degrees today.

Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...