Monday, July 12, 2010

Sweet tea


My latest thing is sweet tea. Sweet iced tea, of course--with this humidity and heat, theres no way I could drink it hot!
But seriously though, sweet tea is IT!! I may have lived in the South less than a month, but already it's cool refreshingness has captured my fancy.
Big time.
I'm considering giving up Starbucks. And for this Seattle-native, thats quite a jump. At first, I'd just order it at restaurants (they serve it up here as frequently as water), and consume inordinate amounts at church potlucks... but now I'm making it myself. Having tried many varieties, and many sweetners, I think I've finally come up with the perfect blend... ah yes!!! Sweet satisfaction.
Who knows, I might be a southern girl yet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely getting into sweet teas also!
Share your recipes! :)

Unknown said...

Hehe... :)
After 15 years in TX I guess I'm a southern girl but I don't like sweet tea. :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...