Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A pregnancy update

It's been a while since I wrote about myself and the little one that grows inside of me. So here's a few updates.

I'm 16 weeks into the pregnancy now!! Wahoo!

The baby is growing and growing. I've been feeling my waistline "thickening" for a while, but the uterine growth is only just now becoming visible. I haven't had to pull out maternity clothes yet, but I don't think it will be long before I'm showing in earnest. :)

The boys are more and more aware of the fact that there is a baby inside of me too. Joshua likes to point at my abdomen and say "Bay-bee." And Isaiah is always praying "... and thank you for the baby that mommy has underneath of her stomach." He also frequently adds, "and thank you that daddy doesn't have a baby, and I don't have a baby, and Joshua doesn't have a baby. Because we're boys." You have to love 3 year olds. :)

I'm feeling the baby move more and more. It's still mostly quivering and fluttering (no distinct kicks) but it's exciting nonetheless. :)

I was "all day sick" during this pregnancy (I'm boycotting the term "morning sickness because it really doesn't seem to have anything to do with the mornings!!) with lots of nausea and queasiness, but I am past that phase and feeling really good now. I'm enjoying food again and cooking up a storm. I know my husband is glad!! :)

I have not really gained any weight yet, maybe a pound or two, but I'm sure that will be coming as my appetite increases. I always gain weight really easily during pregnancy, so the minimal weight gain is foreign to me---especially when I feel like I'm eating like a horse!! But maybe this will just be the pregnancy of all pregnancy's and I'll be one of those annoying skinny people the day after I give birth. ;) I can dream, can't I?

Nick is rooting for another boy, and I'm excited at that prospect as well. But having a girl would be pretty exciting too. I'm thrilled either way. I love babies!! I also love the fact that the baby's gender is not up to us, and that we get to be surprised and amazed by the Lord's sovereign plan. What fun anticipation!!

Overall, this seems to be a very different pregnancy from my last two. Although my previous two pregnancy's were a lot different from each other as well. With a big change of location, climate, elevation and # of children I'm chasing around, I'm sure these things are contributing to the differences. Either that, or this baby is a girl. ;)

A subject of some concern is a "glitch" in the health care out here and the challenge of living in a small town, with only small towns around. Because this baby will be born (Lord willing) as another VBAC, it looks like I will be delivering at a hospital 2 hours away from our home. I meet with the OB/GYN next week (at this very distant location) to discuss the details. The thoughts of driving 2 hours for appts, as well as a lengthy drive when I'm in labor are quite daunting. But we know that the Lord is in control and that He knows best. Again, a wonderful lesson in trusting God's sovereign plan.

I think that covers it for now!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Kathryn, thanks for the update, i love it! Those two boys are so cute, which is an understatement. I am so happy that there will be another adorably cute Rayes next April. I will be praying about your long drives. God has this all in His wonderful hands. Love you!

Dolly said...

Wow, that's crazy about the OB's in that area. You'd think they'd be more open with it being your second VBAC too. (right?) I'm so sorry about the drives. You don't have fast labors do you? I love hearing what kids say about pregnancy and babies. So stinkin cute.

cj said...

Thanks for the updates. Glad you are feeling better. I'm glad too, that God chooses the gender for us. It's fun to anticipate what He may give you...but I know what I would pick for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...