Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My little Joshy-wash



My sweet little boy, now 18 months, has the face of an angel and... the smile of a menace. But oh how I love his smile. I hope it never changes and that he can always light up a room, and light up my life with that precious ray of sunshine. It's amazing how your heart can just overflow with love when you see them smile!

I know I need to catch up, and post pictures and stories about the last few weeks-- so much has gone on, and so much yet to happen-- but for now, I'll just leave you with a picture of my little cherub and a sweet story about his brilliance. :)

Whenever we get home from the store or the park or wherever, I have the boys come inside and take off their shoes. Usually this is a little bit of a battle, as the moment we get inside the house, they also notice all the toys and games and books they've been without while we were gone. The last thing on their minds is taking off their shoes! They want to PLAY!! So it can sometimes be quite a process to get their shoes off and put away by the front door. But this Saturday little 18 month old Joshua came inside. Sat down. Unfastened his shoes. Stood up. Picked up his shoes. And carried them neatly to the front door area. All by himself. Without any request, coercion, or comment. He just did what he knew he was supposed to do. All by himself. It just put this huge smile on my face. It was so sweet to see how knows and understands so much more than we give him credit for! So all I can say is, train them young.
*as a random side note, I started trying to have my kids do "chores" around 1 year of age (things like putting their laundry in the hamper, their diapers in the diaper pail, clearing their dinner plates etc) And what do you know??? it works!! and they learn!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome Kathryn! Those boys are wonderful and you and Nick are a Godly example for all of us :)

Grandma said...

Dear Joshua! What a little sweetheart! I smile at his photo on my refrigerator every time I see it. Josh does have a smile that lights up a room and makes my heart full of thankfulness. Keep smiling little Joshua and may the Lord continue to bless you with a joyful heart and an obedient spirit! I love you!

Rachael said...

I've noticed the same thing with Isaac. He loves to be my "big helper" and help me with small things like putting things away, pushing the laundry basket to where I need it to be, etc. It's so fun seeing them excited to help out...not sure how long that will last, but it's adorable for now :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...