Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Knockin' my head Red... and other great colors

Last week we had our first (actually, second) Crayon experience. So for any who are under the misimpression that my life is a cup of tea, let me relate to you the unfortunate (though sovereignly foreordained) crayon fiasco.


My two year old wet the bed, so I found myself doing laundry midweek to keep the stinkiness from getting stinkier.

It was a great plan that was drastically foiled when I discovered that a pair of Isaiah's nice church pants had been housing 3 brightly colored crayons. Too bad I discovered the 3 brightly colored crayons AFTER I had run the laundry (not once, but twice) through the dryer.

Sigh.


Yes. It's true. Not only was the inside of my dryer no longer white, but in fact, the entire super sized load of laundry was now covered in different shades of those 3 brightly colored crayons. Radical Red, Electric Lime, and Black, to be more specific.

Or hereafter named "Knockin' my head, Red," "Screamin Green," and "My name is Mud Black."


Sigh.


Did I mention it was a super sized load full of little boy clothes? And, as you are well aware, it takes a lot of little boy clothes to fill up a super-sized load. I'm sure there were no less than 6 pairs of pants, 8 onesies, 5 pairs of socks, 4 pairs of underwear, jammies, shirts, sheets...and two of Nick's uniform shirts (Thank the Lord, none of his ACU's were in the wash!!)

The good news is that after a lot of elbow grease and following these directions, I was able to salvage about half of the clothes and have a mostly white dryer again.

My advice to all of you? ALWAYS CHECK THE POCKETS!!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Ohhh, Kathryn! I don't recall any crayon fiascos in my past, but I do remember the time one of my "helpers" decided to put a red automotive rag into the white wash. I ended up with a lot of pink clothes! I also remember a bleach disaster when bleach was accidently spilled into a full laundry basket. Arrgh! I am glad you were able to get your drier clean again and salvage some of the clothes. Hmmm...I remember washing Dad's billfold and his wallet, more times than I'd care to admit. The leather is permanently ruined, not to mention what happens to the cards. I'll bet we're not alone in the laundry room disaster category!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...