Monday, December 28, 2009

Baking cookies

When the Christmas lights are twinkling on the tree, and its cold and snowy outside, I always feel like I need to bake. There is just something about cooking in the winter time that is so soothing-- the aroma that fills the house, the warmth of the oven, and the pure deliciousness of eating fresh baked cookies.
So whipping up a batch of sugar cookies was the perfect fit for the day-- Nick was home from work, the boys were looking for something to do (or maybe I was looking for something for them to do!!)and perhaps my growing belly and appetite figure in as well. Regardless, these sugar cookies were just right.
So... I made the dough and put it in the fridge to chill. Then we set up an assembly line.


Isaiah and I rolled the dough into balls


Nick and Joshua covered the dough balls with colored sugar




We lined them up on the trays



And then waited patiently for them to come out of the oven. These ready hands (Isaiah's) could barely wait to try one (or two).



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...