Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Little signs




Spring has SPRUNG!

At least it has here in the South.

It still being February, I had my reservations (as does all the frost bitten dead grass surrounding Mr Green Grass pictured here) that the warm weather would be here to stay. But this past week we haven't had a day below 60 degrees. And in truth, most of the days have been over 70.

I kid you not.

I expect that we'll have one or two cold spells before warmer weather is here to stay, but for the time being, we're loving it.

Big time.

We actually hit the beach on Friday (a bit windy, but still quite pleasant) and hosted my dear Joshua's 3rd birthday party outside yesterday morning.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathryn,

Spring has arrived here in South Mississippi too! Some days have actually felt more like summer, but it is still wonderful.

Happy Birthday to your little one!

Rach said...

Ahh! I love Spring! I'm just hoping it stays warm!

Rita T. said...

What I wouldn't give for a 70 degree day right now.....
The snow does have its advantages, though. It reminds me of "I shall be washed whiter than snow."

Have a great day!

Jessica Kramasz said...

Oh, I want spring too! We just got 16 inches of snow, with more on the way this weekend, so it will be awhile.

Karen said...

Yes! And the days are really getting longer! We have a dusting of snow here in Indiana, but it won't be long til jonquils bloom again! Blessings to you and your sweet family.

Dolly said...

my kids love to pick that onion grass and smell it. We did lots of gardening today and washed both cars. Gonna miss this!!

Doll Clothes Gal Pal said...

Hooray for Spring! I can't wait really. :)

Jamie said...

Love it! My flowerbed is starting to show some signs...either daffodil or hyacinth is sprouting (I can't remember which bulb was in that spot!) and the bluebonnets are growing, but no buds yet. My rosemary bush has the prettiest purple blooms on it. I look forward to seeing the colors explode!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...