Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Moments

Today, I'm amazed and overwhelmed with the preciousness of a single moment... my newborn snuggles up against me and I feel his soft skin... and kiss his sweet cheeks... and smell his baby smell... and my heart overflows with joy...



This moment of tender snuggles, of closeness, of warmth, of softness... makes 9 months of waiting and anticipating worth every minute.





There are so many highs (baby kicks) and lows (aching backs) in pregnancy... and as the end draws near, the yearning increases for it just to be over!! But still I marvel. Having reached the end, and now looking back... truly it is worth it. Every minute, hour and day... every week and month of pregnancy... yes, even all the time in the world... just to be able to enjoy a sweet moment like this one now.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kathryn! I am so happy for you and you are all in my prayers :)
I cannot wait to meet Noah!

Dolly said...

gorgeous. makes me all teary.
I wanna hear the rest of the birth story. was going natural worse than you thought, easier than you thought? how long was your labor. etc.

Alicia said...

I LOVE that first photo. It is beautiful, you are beautiful, and your new baby is beautiful!! You are so right about those amazing moments!!

Wife of Lt. Eric Mote, Mother of Olivia said...

Oh, Kathryn! That is so beautiful. It makes me more patient to wait the last 8 weeks for my little one. Thank you for reminding me to be humble and thankful to God for such miracles.

cj said...

Welcome baby Noah. I can't wait to meet him! Children are such a blessing and certainly are worth every day that you wait for them. Your photos are beautiful and will be such a treasure to have.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...