Monday, January 28, 2013

Peter’s Reply

I’m reading through the Bible in a year this year.

I try to do this every few years so that in my regular devotions I don’t lose sight of the whole story, the big picture, if you will. I’m using Robert D M’Cheyne’s bible reading plan, which is great because not only will I read through the entire bible in a year, but will get to read the New Testament and the Psalms twice.

In my daily reading, I came across this portion of Scripture that stayed in my heart and was the cause for meditation for several days, even the whole week.

 

IMG_9588

Matthew 16:16, “Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

I echo Peter’s word in my own heart as I bow before my Lord and submit my will to his. You are the Christ. You are the Redeemer. You are the Savior. You are the Son of the living God. And you have saved me.

Little old me.

Imperfect. Sinful. Willful. Disobedient me.

The Christ came to earth, my Christ came to earth… Yes, the very Son of God humbled himself, took on flesh, and bore the sins of the world through his suffering and death on the cross.

No wonder these words have stayed with me. What a wonderful and incredible miracle, that the Savior came to this world to save sinners.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Very good reminder, Kathryn!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...