Monday, June 20, 2011

A much belated

birthday greeting to my dear husband.

Man, do I love my man.

He’s been part of my life for so long, it’s hard to imagine life without him. In fact, I do my best not to imagine life without him…because it always makes me cry when I do.

Nicholas James, I love you. You mean the world to me. Thank you for being you, for leading our home in godliness, for raising our children in the Lord, for being my perfect soul mate…and loving me as Christ loves the church.

Thank you for choosing me to be your wife. Thank you for eating the leftovers so I don’t have to. Thank you for  frequently lending me your listening ear—I hope you can still hear when you’re 90. Thank you for being my best friend and for being that iron that sharpens iron. Thank you for picking up Starbucks on the way home and for always kissing me at the door.

Thank you also, for humoring me when I asked you to blow out 30 candles.

IMG_5340

After all, you only turn 30 once.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...