Thursday, June 3, 2010

Here we go, here we go, bloggity blog

It's been a while, I know. Despite how much I love to think "out loud" on this blog, my time has been consumed elsewhere. Often I have thought about writing, but at the end of the day my mind and my fingers could not express the depth of my thoughts. That, and the draining "newborn phase" zapped most of my time and energy.

But here we are... my newborn nearly 2 months old, my house almost completely packed. The vacation we planned has been had and my cupboards are almost empty... our next move is staring us in the face.

The emotional highs and lows are hard to express. I'm excited to move to a new place, see new things and meet new people. I'm also fearful and at times a bit anxious, starting over can be so hard. I hate to say goodbye to dear friends and all that is familiar. Challenges.

Challenges. They come in all shapes and sizes. But thankfully the Lord is guiding us and supporting us through them all; answering our prayers before we ask them. Two wonderful blessings that I'll mention now (although these blessings do not even come close to the bounty that has been showered upon us!)

1) Nick talked with the unit that he'll be joining at our new post. They are ready and waiting for him. And they also gave us the good news that the unit is just getting HOME from Afghanistan...meaning that the unit should be home for at least the next year... meaning Nick should be home for at least another year. Which means, we're not looking at a deployment in 2010 after all. Praise the LORD!!! (as a side note, Nick reminds me that things are always changing in the Army, so not to get too too excited).

2) My 3 dear little boys did amazingly well on our 3500 mile road trip and endured 60+ hours in the car as we drove to CO and then down to AZ and back home again through numerous other states. I could not have asked for a better trip! We caught up with friends and family, enjoyed the gorgeous dry (as in, not humid) weather, and felt nostalgic traveling through our old stomping grounds. Oh, and did I mention that my dear little Noah, just 5 1/2 weeks old when we left, started sleeping through the night while we were away? It's amazing to get home from a vacation and to truly feel more rested than when we left.

God is good. And while I feel nervous about what the future holds, I know that "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2

2 comments:

Jess said...

Wow - crazy! And I must say how jealous I am of your sleeping infant... Ana, at 5.5 months, if I'm lucky, will give me 6 hour stretches... of course Noah is well insulated and has lots of reservoir to last through the night! Did you do anything in particular, or did he just start? Good luck on the move!

Kathryn said...

Jess, it seems that once I get my baby's on a good 3 hour schedule during the day (with feedings/awake time/naps) that they stretch out the sleeping time at night on their own. I still feed Noah once at "night" (5am) so that he'll sleep till I'm ready to get up a few hours later. :)But you're right, he is definitely well insulated. He's not quite 2 months old, but is nearly 15lbs!! Haha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...