Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Just a few weeks in paradise

It seems like its been forever since I've written. Time has a way of standing still while actually flying by... hmmm... perhaps a better way to describe it is that time has flown by, but I haven't made much progress...

Here we are at the beginning of May, my newborn now 3 weeks old, and instead of telling you that I've started cooking gourmet meals again... I'm still cooking at a bare minimum and emptying out the freezer meals I prepared before #3's arrival. I haven't made too much progress in packing and prepping for our next move (only 5 weeks away now!!) either.

Instead the last 3 weeks have been spent making the biggest adjustment yet in learning to parent and care for THREE little boys. There are some horrifying stories I could tell (like the time I thought I should just lie down for a nap, because I had all 3 boys napping too, only to wake up with a nagging feeling and find that my 3 1/2 year old was not napping like I thought... and had let himself OUTSIDE on his own... and was riding his tricycle next to our busy street...unprotected and alone. Ahh! I'm still feeling guilty about that one) and also many amusing ones (like Joshua reciting the "Yord's Prayer")but I'll keep it short...

Here's our last few weeks:


The boys, of course, spent their time very productively. While mom was busy trying to stay afloat, running a house, errands and the like... the boys kept hard at work. Building roads and houses, I presume. I do love my hard-working men.



This gorgeous gal (also known as "mom" and "Grandma) (my mother) came to visit and get her "baby fix" with her only grandkids. My mom helped me catch up on sleep (nap-time!!) and entertained the boys with countless stories. We didn't get much done around the house, BUT... we spent hours talking, playing, and generally enjoying ourselves. It was kind of like a vacation while still being at home.

During the week Grandma was here (she left this morning) we spent time laughing at the park. Yay Josh!


We also posed for some great family pictures. I still find it hard to believe that we're a family of five. Wow.











Aren't the pictures nice? There's nothing like having a professional photographer give you multiple photo shoots and access to all the pictures without a single charge or fee... Yay Mom!



On to other news, Noah keeps growing like crazy and has now successfully gained both a mid forearm crease to join his mid upper arm crease. (look closely at that arm!!) Oh, I just love baby fat rolls.




And I'll end with a picture, much like the first, my boys... on their way to work... which is where I need to go... to make dinner and start working on all the things I need to work on. On the agenda for tonight: nailing down a rental home for us at our next duty station, sorting mail and paperwork that has been adding up... and maybe a glass of red wine to go with it.

2 comments:

Grandma said...

I miss you, miss you, miss you! Grandma is home again and is just downloading the 518 photos she took (a new record!) while enjoying her grandchildren to the max. I almost expect Isaiah and Joshua to pop down the stairs and ask for a story to be read to them. Precious memories for sure that I'll carry with me forever. Thanks for a wonderful time!!

Dolly said...

Three cheers for Grandmas! I love it when my mom comes to help. I find that we talk so much during the day I have no words to blog with at the end of the day. Sweet sweet pictures!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...